A fantastic award winning and leading global publisher of professional and academic books, are looking for a Development Editor. Based in London, this is an ideal opportunity for a current Editorial Assistant to take the next step and further their career and knowledge.
As a Development Editor, you will be:
- supporting the commissioning editors by working closely with authors to ensure that books progress efficiently and to schedule
- read content and provide detailed manuscript feedback for authors
- conduct peer reviews and market research
- work closely with sales, production and marketing departments
- with commissioning editor support, undertake new editions signing target
- managing projects independently and making a direct impact on the quality of the publishing
- develop good professional relationship internally and externally
- represent the company at conferences and events and present projects in internal meetings
If you are naturally self motivated with experience working within an editorial team, an interest in working across academic and professional titles, and you are really keen to progress in your career this is a brilliant prospect and fantastic company to join!
This renowned publisher provide great benefits, a solid team culture and the opportunity to really shine and make your mark! Our client offers a hybrid working pattern of 3 days in the office and 2 days from home.
Please get in touch as soon as possible if you are keen to apply.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.