A prestigious professional membership organisation in central London is recruiting a Development Editor to support the commissioning team and deliver new products on time, within budget and to agreed specification. This role would be a perfect fit for an editorial candidate with some experience looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to learn new skills.
- Assist Commissioning Editors with the preparation and transmittal of assigned manuscripts
- Conduct data analyses to benchmark, identify subject trends and titles performance
- Support the commissioning team in researching business proposals
- Instruct and support authors to ensure schedules are met
- Maintain records and update database to produce accurate budget updates
- Work with internal team to market and feed the development of new products
Experience / skills required:
- Experience of book or journal editorial product development processes within a publishing company
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Proactive and solid problem solving skills
- Solid writing and proof-reading skills
- Knowledge of appropriate market research techniques desirable
- Able to travel to meet clients, when required
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Karine Nicpon
Tel: 020 3574 4426
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.