Due to company expansion, we are looking for a talented and driven editorial professional to work for a highly respected London based scientific publisher. This is an ideal role for someone who is looking to develop their publishing career and who is looking for a role with offering more responsibility and the opportunity to shape your journal.
As Development Editor, you will have the opportunity of working on one of the fastest-growing areas of medicine, by developing the editorial for the journal. As Development Editor, you will build your knowledge of research advances and ensure high quality content is commissioned and published to deadline, as well as commissioning authors and researchers.
Some of the key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Gain an understanding of journal aims and scope and article categories
- Keep up to date with research advances via appropriate news sites, conference programmes, discussions with Editorial Board members/subject experts and competitor analysis
- Prepare and deliver appropriate article acquisition strategies to meet publication targets
- Identify key relevant subject experts for the journal
- Monitor Editorial Board member activity
- Be the first point of contact for your journal
- Monitor progress of all on-going authors to company timeframes
The successful person will be educated to degree level in a life science subject and will have an interest in Artificial Intelligence within medicine. You will have some experience of working with scientific journals in an editorial capacity and now looking for a new role where you will have the opportunity to shape the future of your journal. You will have a keen interest in scientific communication, outstanding organisation skills, with the ability to use data to inform decisions. A creative thinker, you will have the ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines.
If you are ready to embark on an exciting journey, working with cutting-edge research, please do get in touch.
For further information, please send your CV and a short cover note.