Have you solid experience as an Editor in an educational setting? We have a fantastic opportunity for a Development Editor to join a highly respected Education publisher based in central Glasgow, Scotland - easily commutable from Edinburgh.
This is a 12 month fixed-term contract where the Development Editor would play a key role in helping to shape Secondary international school materials (print and digital) for use by students and teachers. Responsibilities include:
- Briefing writers clearly and in line with approved concept.
- Supporting writers throughout the writing process to help them create interesting and engaging lesson content.
- Work with writers and editors to integrate digital content and narrative elements into the lessons.
- Develop and use specialist knowledge to ensure that resources are pedagogically, culturally, and structurally appropriate for the market.
- Analysing reviewer feedback and identifying and implementing required changes.
- Briefing and reviewing supporting artwork (visuals, student handouts, text pieces).
- Develop creative briefs for digital content.
- Collaborating with internal and external reviewers, researchers, producers, designers, and editors.
The ideal Development Editor will have an appreciation for a range of learning and teaching styles, products, and pedagogies, as well as strong editorial experience. They will have excellent communication, organisation and project management skills!
This is a fixed-term contract for one year offering a competitive salary and a range of benefits. Although our client is based in Glasgow, UK, they are open to the successful candidate working remotely.
To find out more about this exciting role, get in touch ASAP!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
**Inspired Selection operates an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link (http://www.btbs.org/) to check eligibility and further support.