Are you a Development Editor looking for your next challenge? We have a fantastic opportunity at a leading academic publisher for a Development Editor (Books) to join their team. The successful candidate will help maximise the quality and sales potential of their key textbooks by delivering a set of textbooks and digital resources and managing their list. This is a permanent role based in London.
- Create development objectives with the Commissioning Editor and ensure the textbook and digital ancillaries meet market needs
- Maintain author care by agreeing schedules, overseeing the writing process and providing feedback in order for manuscripts to be delivered to deadline
- Conduct market research, identify and engage with key current course leaders
- Provide clear blurb copy, USPs, features, needs and benefits and feed into marketing and sales activities
- Work closely with the Digital Content Manager, Production Editor and Designer to ensure both print and digital are well-integrated
- Support the wider editorial team when required
Experience / skills required:
- Graduate of any subject with solid project management experience
- Knowledge of the book publishing process and textbook publishing
- Proven strong relationship management and influencing skills with stakeholders and departments
- Market research skills and communication skills
- Proficient in standard IT packages such as Microsoft Office
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Parissa Bagheri
Tel: 0203 574 4431
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.