An award-winning, successful and rapidly growing digital academic publisher of primary source archive collections in the arts and humanities, is seeking a Development Editor to research, commission and develop new projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small and friendly team, and work across a range of subject areas including literature, history and cultural studies, leading the development of collections providing digitised content to aid teaching and research.
Reporting to the Senior Development Editor and line-managing a Development Assistant, your main responsibilities include:
- Commissioning and developing new projects to a high standard and on time
- Formulating budgets and project proposals for editorial management team review
- Attending Development meetings to present new ideas and report development progress
- Visiting archives around the world to research and select material for new projects
- Negotiating with archives to sign up archival content for projects
- Communicate regularly with key stakeholders on project progress
- Acting as Development Lead for new digital projects
- Liaising with Production to ensure a smooth transition from development to production
- Working with Sales and Marketing to gain feedback on project proposals
- Carrying out market research for new ideas and surveying competitors’ digital resources
- Attending and report on conferences, to keep up to date with current scholarship
- Meeting with faculty and librarians regularly to build academic networks.
The successful candidate will have solid commissioning experience within a scholarly setting and experience in the publishing industry. You will have a demonstrable passion for history and an interest in primary source content. You will be a good negotiator, have excellent communication and presentation skills and have excellent commercial and creative instincts. An interest in digital resources as an educational and research tool would be an advantage.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, performance-related bonus scheme and strong benefits.
To apply for this position, click on the Apply Now button below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference TP 326. For an initial, confidential discussion please call us on +44(0)1223632510.
Early applications are preferred.
Referral Scheme - Telfer Partners offer a referral reward if we fill this vacancy with someone you recommend. You can send contact details of anyone you want to recommend to email@example.com.