Our client is a leading academic publisher looking for a Development Editor to join their editorial department and work on their quality textbook list. This is a great opportunity for a candidate with experience in an editorial/project management role within academic/educational publishing to manage a range of high potential textbooks.
- Project manage print and digital new titles and editions from pre-signature to production
- Create development plans for each title, including reviewing marketing strategies
- Conduct market research, identify and engage with key current course leaders
- Review materials and provide feedback to authors and editors maintaining good author care
- Maintain and improve the editorial and academic quality of projects
Experience / skills required:
- Solid experience of project management in a an editorial role within academic/STM book publishing is essential
- Proven strong relationship management and influencing skills with stakeholders and departments
- Excellent organizational skills and effective management of complex projects
- Strong research skills and sound commercial awareness on maximizing revenues
- A problem solver, able to identify challenges and come up with creative solutions.
Applications ASAP, please.
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
Contact: Christina Dimitriadi
Tel: 020 3574 4422
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.