We have a fabulous new role for an experienced Digital Editor who is used to creating and editing content for print and online within the educational space. Our client is a digital e-learning specialist organisation which supports students through the whole process of university admissions. Due to continued growth they are looking to recruit an experienced, ambitious Digital Editor. This is a full-time, remote working role where the necessary working equipment will be provided.
The ultimate goal of this role is to provide informative, appealing and creative content to attract the organisation’s target audience and provide the necessary information required for students to succeed with their university applications.
This is a busy, varied and creative role and responsibilities will include:
- Identifying customers’ needs and gaps in content and recommend new topics
- Researching, design and write online courses for students, plus writing and proofing blogs
- Copywriting marketing materials (online sales pages and emails for online e-learning courses, email announcements of new products)
- Design and copyedit fortnightly newsletter highlighting articles/new products etc.
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Writing meta-descriptions for SEO purposes for web pages
- Research and write scripts of blog content and turn into video scripts for short-form YouTube videos – working with marketing department.
- Coordinate contributors who work on various articles for tone of voice and styleguide
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Collaborate with other teams in the company, including the Project Management Tech teams, Content and Marketing teams
The successful person will have a fantastic eye for detail and will have experience of managing all the moving parts of an online publication. You will ideally come from an educational publishing or EdTech background and may have experience as a Digital Editor (there are many courses that need development editing, plus, coordination between authors/illustrators etc.). You will have experience of generating fresh content after carrying out research and great proofreading/copyediting skills and a knowledge of SEO, and what makes for valuable copy that is well-structured for users. Instructional Design experience would be useful but not essential (online or textbook) as well as solid project management skills.
This role is available now and to apply, please send us your up to date CV and a short cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations to: