We have a fabulous new role for an experienced Project Editor who is used to creating and editing content for print and online within the educational space. Our client is a digital e-learning specialist organisation which supports students through the whole process of university admissions. Due to continued growth they are looking to recruit an experienced, ambitious Project Editor. This is a full-time, remote working role where the necessary working equipment will be provided.
The ultimate goal of this role is to provide informative, appealing and creative content to attract the organisation’s target audience and provide the necessary information required for students to succeed with their university applications.
This is a busy, varied and creative role and responsibilities will include:
- Producing and managing schedules
- Managing the delivery of content from external authors and editos
- Set content requirements: writing author and editorial briefs in liaison with the Content Manager
- Build and maintain company styleguides
- Respond to editorial queries and escalate as necessary
- Coordinate contributors who work on various articles for tone of voice and styleguide
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Source content: clearing copyright and permissions
The successful person will have a fantastic eye for detail and will have experience of managing all the moving parts of an online publication. You will ideally come from an educational publishing or EdTech background and may have experience as a Digital Editor (there are many courses that need development editing, plus, coordination between authors/illustrators etc.). You will have experience of generating fresh content after carrying out research and great proofreading/copyediting skills. Experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities would be a distinct advantage as would experience of producing styleguides.
This role is available now and to apply, please send us your up to date CV and a short cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations to: