We have a superb opportunity to work for a leading behavioural insights organisation as an Editor for a maternity cover lasting initially up to 12 months. Our client is an interesting organisation who explores the intersection between science, industry and popular culture to understand behavioural changes and the impact of this behaviour. Their many clients include, advertising agencies, media companies and global industries who utilise this information. Their flagship product is their online subscription service which has thousands of reports and case studies spanning many industries and key markets.
Heading up the Library team and working closely with the head of projects and strategy director, the Editor will be responsible for overseeing the commissioning for all trend reports, ensuring the team deliver content to meet the publishing schedule. The Editor will also work with the Client Services and Sales team to ensure all content commissioned meets the clients’ needs. As well as editing and commissioning you will develop new content formats, research and write trend reports, and interview some of the smartest minds from around the world.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading a clear, strategic editorial direction
- Managing and growing a team
- Staying ahead of industry trends and cultural changes
- Commissioning and editing great content
- Managing commissioning budgets
- Editing, proofreading and copywriting
- Maintaining an expert network
- Researching original pieces and developing new content types
- Interviewing thought leaders
This is a great role, hard work, but extremely stimulating and this role will be instrumental in inspiring the world’s best brands, agencies and organisations.
The Editor will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in publishing, preferably within the trends and insights or B2B sector. You will be adept at managing multiple deadlines and juggling commissioning budgets; great at developing and discussing ideas and an accomplished interviewer. You will be happy presenting to global creative agencies, discussing cultural trends with international brands and networking at industry events.
What we are looking for:
- A publishing professional with at least six years’ editorial experience, preferably in digital publishing, from the trends and insights or B2B sector , with a commercial focus
- Confident Manager, leader and experienced developing a team
- An individual with exceptional organisation skills, managing schedules and a diverse pool of contributors
- Experience with commissioning content and managing budgets with a good nose for copy
- An ability to distil complex ideas into plain English
- Experience working in the trends and insight sectors
- Knowledge of the media, communications and design industries
This is a fantastic opportunity to be the face of a highly interesting organisation. This role carries a generous salary commensurate with experience. For further information, please send your CV, outlining your availability and salary expectations.