An opportunity has arisen for a Digital Editor to join a market leading high quality consumer Magazine publishing company with offices in central London. You will combine your market knowledge of home design with top-notch writing and editing skills to achieve audience growth of the magazine's website. This role offers remote working, an excellent salary and benefits package.
As Digital Editor working across a variety of content - projects include home renovations, conversions, extensions and self-builds - you will look to improve upon and create new content in order to achieve significant audience growth for the brand's website. The role holder will be a first-rate writer and editor and have a varied role where responsibilities will include:
- Editing and updating existing content as well as producing new content to ensure top rankings are obtained and maintained.
- Creating new digital content as required.
- Using Google Analytics and other reporting tools to monitor rankings.
- Working closely with senior editors to create briefs for industry experts and external contributors.
- Image research: reaching out to industry contacts to ensure digital content is brought to life with engaging and relevant images and graphics.
- Fulfilling homepage updates / admin as required.
- Producing dedicated newsletters.
- Managing social media channels, as required.
- Responsible for developing special content projects, as required.
With exceptional writing skills and an ability to deliver well-crafted content, the Digital Editor will have a keen understanding of SEO and how to write for web. First class editing skills and prior experience in the home design / home building industry would be ideal, along with the ability to understand technical content and turn in-depth copy into digestible and engaging web content. Commissioning skills are key, and you will have a passion for the data side of web editing and the ability to closely monitor and interpret performance and trends. A keen interest in self build, renovation and house design will be extremely valuable as will strong communication, organisation and high level self-motivation.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.