DIGITAL MARKETING EXECUTIVE
Postscript is a flourishing mail order and ecommerce book company established in 1987 based near Newton Abbot in Devon. We sell history, arts and humanities titles through our Postscript catalogue mailed out monthly, our website www.psbooks.co.uk and via ecommerce channels. We have 50 staff and rising.
Due to our unique position in the book retail industry, turnover has increased substantially in the last few months and we are looking to recruit a Digital Marketing Executive.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager and working closely with the marketing co-ordinator, you will liaise with stakeholders and work collaboratively with the catalogue team.
This role is to drive new customer acquisition and retention through automated marketing campaigns, taking responsibility for automated email campaigns whilst working collaboratively with the editorial consultant to set tone and content. In additional to email the post holder will work with the editorial consultant to develop engaging content that will grow engagement and followers for our social channels. Wherever possible looking for on brand opportunities to engage with our customers.
We are looking to grow our organic traffic so the post holder will assume responsibility for generating engaging and SEO friendly copy for the website.
- Ability to write engaging copy that completely represents the Postscript brand
- Work collaboratively with the editorial consultant to shape the email marketing and generate content for our social channels
- Develop brand relevant, SEO friendly web copy for the website
- Experience of driving lead generation through email campaigns
- Retention and engagement of campaigns, activating dormant accounts
- Creating and analysing audience targeted campaigns
- Develop a programme of dynamic genre driven emails
- Convert email copy for use on our primary social media channels (Facebook, Twitter)
- Creating the campaign media groups, media codes and promo codes in Netsuite
- Supporting the marketing department with system administration tasks
Skills and Experience:
- Education to degree level (English graduate) or equivalent marketing qualification
- Publishing background preferred
- Significant copywriting experience
- Strong B2C experience/writing for e-commerce
- Proficient in use of HTML / CSS & email marketing platforms such as Bronto
- Proven success with lead generation campaigns
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Discretionary company bonus scheme
- Flexible start and finish times
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff benefit scheme
- Free parking
- Salary range £25-£30k, depending on experience
There will be a requirement to attend the office in Newton Abbot, Devon on a regular basis with the remaining work being undertaken remotely.
Apply with full CV and covering letter to email@example.com