A highly respected B2B media company are looking to find a Digital / Online Deputy Editor in order to produce well written and visually attractive publications for one of their magazine titles.
The responsibilities required will consist of:
- daily uploads of news and content to the website
- preparing and uploading content for the weekly newsletter
- regularly updating all social media platforms
- sub-editing and proof reading duties
- using InDesign and Photoshop to layout pages
- writing industry relevant features / articles within deadline
- researching and conducting interviews of key industry contacts
- attending conferences, seminars, press launches
- working closely with sales, marketing and production departments
- supporting the Group Editor
The experience and skills required are:
- a degree or equivalent qualification in journalism
- a minimum of one years experience within B2B / trade magazine publishing
- a proficient user of InDesign and Photoshop
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with strong feature and news writing abilities, as well as excellent interpersonal, researching, subbing and layout skills. The ability to stay calm and motivated when working to deadlines on numerous projects will be essential, HTML knowledge would be beneficial, as would an interest in online journalism. A really exciting role working as part of a small team to ensure reader satisfaction through high quality editorial. Please get in touch as soon as possible.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
**Inspired Selection operates an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link (http://www.btbs.org/) to check eligibility and further support.