Digital Product Manager – Video Library & Screen Studies
We have an exciting new role for a Digital Product Manager to join a leading publisher within their Academic division, with a focus on their leading video library and screen studies product ranges. Reporting to the Head of Innovation the role will focus on delivering product launches, content updates and product enhancements and planning new product proposals.
Digital Product Manager: Key responsibilities
- Work with Editorial Project Leads to develop new digital product ideas from initial concept to proposal stage
- Act as Product Management Lead during the Design & Development Phase of new products, working alongside the Editorial Project Leads and User Experience (UX) team to define requirements
- Carry out market research with librarians and end-user interviews and work with UX team to ensure that product requirements meet user needs (both before and after launch)
- Use the Publishing Platform admin interface to build and configure new sites, working with Marketing, Editorial and the UX team to agree site layout and visual design elements
- Perform User Acceptance Testing during product development
- Liaise with sales, marketing and customer services to communicate addition of new content and product enhancements
- Provide regular website usage analytics reports and advise on opportunities for improving content & features based on analytics
- Manage the content requirements for new products and act as the ‘product champion’
- Assist with recruitment and training of new team members and take on line management responsibility, as required
- Provide training and guidance for Editorial teams on technical requirements.
- Sustained experience of digital product management, with a demonstrable record of delivering successful digital products, preferably for the academic market
- Understanding of the needs of the academic library market and library systems
- Understanding of project management and development processes
- Experience of conducting quantitative and qualitative market research
- Excellent implementation and time-management skills
- An eye for detail and a logical, problem-solving approach
- Experience of working with XML and Content Management Systems
- A demonstrable understanding of web usability issues
- A proactive, “can-do” attitude
- Line management experience is preferable, but not essential.
A competitive salary, bonus, and benefits package is offered.
How to apply
To apply, send CV to email@example.com referencing TP 825 or call +44(0)1223632510 for a confidential discussion. Early applications are preferred. Early applications are preferred.
Referral Scheme - Telfer Partners offer a referral reward if we fill this vacancy with someone you recommend. You can send us contact details of anyone you would like to recommend to firstname.lastname@example.org.