Do you have experience selling digital packages into academic libraries on an international scale? Do you speak fluent German? If so, we have an unmissable opportunity to join a renowned academic publisher as they hire for a new Digital Sales Manager for their team!
Please note this role can be based in the UK or in a European Country within the CET timezone (preferably Germany).
This role will focus primarily on the DACH region, with some responsibilities over other European territories including France and Spain, and it will work towards expanding the digital sales strategy and transformative agreements across a wide range of academic libraries and consortia.
The Digital Sales Manager will report into the Global Sales and Marketing Director and will be responsible for:
- Drive sales growth across European territories by leveraging libraries, consortia, and key accounts for both digital and print titles/packages
- Conduct sales channel and key account analysis to forecast sales, implementing strategic planning based on insights
- Collaborate with the sales team, particularly the DACH category manager, to capitalise on sales opportunities
- Cultivate customer relationships, showcasing the list to territory agents, libraries, and key accounts, involving activities like promoting coursebook programs, introducing and selling transformative agreements
- Proactively research and identify new business prospects to meet sales KPIs, coordinating efforts with Editorial and Marketing to identify title-specific sales opportunities
The successful candidate will be bilingual in German and English (although knowledge of a third European languages is a big plus) and will have an excellent understating of academic publishing sales particularly around growing digital platforms and transformative agreements.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.