One of the world’s leading academic publishers who is committed to the highest quality scholarly publishing has an opportunity to join the Commercial Leadership Team as the Director of Open Access and Transformative Agreements. This exciting and pivotal role works across the rapidly growing open research programme, driving new propositions and delivering sustainable revenue growth. The role directly manages a team of open research specialists and will work in close collaboration with the regional commercial leadership and key stakeholders across the organisation to ensure the business’ commercial goals for open research are delivered globally.
- Ensuring the business models and prices support sustainable customer value and revenue growth across the full range of open research offerings and the front-line commercial teams are aware of the options and governance processes when delivering offers to customers
- Tracking the progress and impact of the commercial teams globally in driving value for and revenue from open research customers, and providing support, best practice, and actionable data for open research business development activities in each region
- Providing commercial input and sign off for journal open access models, including conversions, acquisitions, and new launches
- Articulating the value of our global programme of transformative agreements and our open research strategy more generally to different customer groups and scholarly communities
- Working closely with Finance on budgeting, planning, forecasting and reporting on open research revenue, including regular update meetings to Executive Leadership Team
- Managing the OA Commercial Operations function, including working with our technology teams to ensure the successful development of relevant infrastructure and OA agreement implementation
Candidates will need to have significant commercial experience including an understanding of business models, revenue modelling and setting commercial strategy. The ability to quickly build strong internal and external relationships will be required and experience working in a matrix structure is particularly advantageous. An in depth understanding of the global research landscape, including funder and government policy is required. Alongside a demonstrable track record of innovation in working with significant open research customers.
You will be rewarded with a strong salary + bonus + benefits.
How to apply
Send your CV to email@example.com quoting the reference TP 803. For an initial, confidential discussion please call us on +44(0)1223632510.
Early applications are preferred.
Referral Scheme - Telfer Partners offer a referral reward if we fill this vacancy with someone you recommend. You can send us contact details of anyone you would like to recommend to firstname.lastname@example.org