Let’s mix things up with some HR creativity.
Are you looking for the next step in your HR career and want to join a company where its people are fundamental to its success?
At DK, we aim to inspire, educate and entertain readers of all ages, and to fulfil our mission, we need the very best people who reflect the varied communities that read our books across the world.
To deliver our people's aims and ambitions, we are looking for a HR Business Partner to join our team. You will report directly to the HR Director.
This is a full spectrum business partnering role where you will work with key stakeholders to build and implement people plans and translate business requirements into effective HR practices that align with business objectives.
You’ll bring significant experience in a HR generalist role, with up-to-date knowledge, experience of handling complex and sensitive situations and experience managing the entire remit of HR activities.
The role includes:
- Ensuring the delivery of a positive employee experience for our people during their employee lifecycle;
- Working with senior management to maximise people’s potential through talent identification, resourcing, onboarding and on-going learning and development;
- Supporting, coaching and equipping managers to handle complex situations and design changes to improve effectiveness and performance;
- Skilfully influencing by finding the most effective way to communicate, providing thoughtful, pragmatic solutions to achieve positive outcomes;
- Creating a culture of continuous learning and growth, through the identification of learning priorities and creating and delivering learning solutions;
- Having an analytical mind and aptitude for numbers and data along with a passion to bring about change and continuous improvement;
- Building effective relationships across different levels of the organisation, and with multiple stakeholders.
You will manage one HR Administrator, creating a positive work environment and focusing on their development. You’ll support them in all aspects of their role, acting as a point of escalation and advice.
On a practical level, we are looking for someone who is personally well organised and can balance changing priorities. You’ll be working collaboratively within a small HR team where everyone gets stuck into delivering the basics as well as lead and drive forward our ‘people’ ambitions.
You don’t need to have worked with books or in publishing before. We’re interested in hearing about your HR experience from different industries, and from different perspectives.
Our offices are in Embassy Gardens, Nine Elms and we operate a hybrid working model whereby you will be in the office a minimum of two days a week. However, if you want to work from the office more often, you can.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and a cover letter describing what great HR is to you and explaining why you think we could be a good match for each other.
The role is full time, 5 days a week with a salary up to £55,000, depending on how your skills and experience align to the role plus bonus and benefits.
We have a range of benefits to reflect our commitment to our people, some of which are:
- 25 days paid holiday entitlement in year one, plus bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Medical cover
- Life assurance
- Volunteering policy and charity matching
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme and discounted gym membership
- Summer hours
And we plant a tree for every new employee that joins our business.
Closing date for applications: Friday 2nd June.
DK is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the varied communities that read our books across the world. We encourage applications from all individuals, regardless of age, religion, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality or social background. DK is proud to announce that we have adopted The Halo Code.
DK supports flexible working and has introduced a new ‘smart hybrid working’ policy. This allows colleagues to work from home for up to three days a week to ensure the importance of a good work-life balance.
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade, but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews or undertaking internships. For more information, visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org
About our Company:
We believe in the power of discovery. That's why we create books for everyone that explore ideas and nurture curiosity about the world we live in. From first words to the Big Bang, from the wonders of nature to city adventures, you will find expert knowledge, hours of fun and endless inspiration in the pages of our books.
We are the world's leading illustrated publisher and a member of the Penguin Random House division of Bertelsmann, creating cutting-edge design and stunning visual books for the whole family. We are passionate about inspiring curiosity and bring people to books through their thirst for knowledge. With a global book loving community of over 800 colleagues in the UK, US, Germany, India, China, Spain and Australia, we produce books in over 100 countries and over 60 languages. Find out more on dk.com.