Closing date for applications: 16th June 2023
DK are recruiting for a Temporary Sales Assistant to support the Online sales team. We are looking for a highly-organised individual, with strong interpersonal skills and excellent attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have administration experience, be able to juggle numerous tasks, while being deadline focused and results driven. Working as part of a busy team, you will have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and a collaborative working style.
Key tasks will include:
- Creating presentations for key customer meetings and collating relevant sales materials ahead of the meetings.
- Organising customer meetings and key events, attending meetings and taking minutes.
- Running reports from customer systems and other reports for all online, audio and digital customers.
- Collating on site checks across the DK book entries, submitting books for reviews programme, assessing stock status and on site messaging.
- Assisting the Head of Online Sales on customer requests, promotion submissions and order processing with the warehouse where necessary.
- Raising purchase orders for invoices.
- Proactively managing relationships with colleagues across all departments, with key customers and with a variety of external contacts.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Excellent organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritise and work on multiple projects at a time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team in a busy, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to adapt and learn new systems quickly
If you are keen to learn more about online sales and work in a busy, collaborative team please submit your CV and cover letter by 16th June 2023.
We have a range of benefits to reflect our commitment to our people, some of which are:
- 25 days paid holiday entitlement in year one, plus bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Volunteering policy and charity matching
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme and discounted gym membership
- Summer hours
And we plant a tree for every new employee to our business
DK is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the varied communities that read our books across the world. We encourage applications from all individuals, regardless of age, religion, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality or social background. DK is proud to announce that we have adopted The Halo Code.
DK supports flexible working and has introduced a new ‘smart-working’ policy with a hybrid approach of working weekly from home and in DK’s office.
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade, but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews or undertaking internships. For more information, visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org
About our Company:
We believe in the power of discovery. That's why we create books for everyone that explore ideas and nurture curiosity about the world we live in. From first words to the Big Bang, from the wonders of nature to city adventures, you will find expert knowledge, hours of fun and endless inspiration in the pages of our books.
We are the world's leading illustrated publisher and a member of the Penguin Random House division of Bertelsmann, creating cutting-edge design and stunning visual books for the whole family. We are passionate about inspiring curiosity and bring people to books through their thirst for knowledge. With a global book loving community of over 800 colleagues in the UK, US, Germany, India, China, Spain and Australia, we produce books in over 100 countries and over 60 languages. Find out more on dk.com.