Are you a super organised and enthusiastic individual who would love to be part of a creative production team? If so, keep reading…
We have an amazing opportunity for a Production Controller - Maternity Cover for 12 months within DK’s Production team. You will be part of a creative team who produce a diverse range of well recognised Children’s titles.
This will be a great opportunity for you to show off your skills and knowledge as well as developing and broadening your commercial awareness and relationship skills.
Key Responsibilities are:
• Create and deliver titles for both trade and special sales
• Work across various global markets
• Responsible for all aspects of your list at all stages including product development, costing, scheduling, delivery and quality control
• Build and maintain relationships with sales, suppliers and creative colleagues
• Find solutions to day to day incoming issues
• Meeting delivery and budget targets
• Manage a range of Children’s titles on both frontlist and backlist to ensure projects are completed on time to budget
• Ensure safety documentation is completed in time
Key Skills & Knowledge:
• Experience in a similar role within a book publishing Production environment
• Knowledge and experience of handling print scheduling, spend and placement
• Experience of 4 colour print processes and co-edition printing
• An understanding of product safety concerns and processes
• Enthusiastic and proactive approach to work
• Excellent Time Management
• Attention to details
• Commercially aware
• Experience with B3 and Safety Testing
• Knowledge in Novelty Production
In return, you will have the opportunity to work within a truly collaborative business where you have the freedom to make a real impact in return for your hard work.
Please apply by sending your most up to date CV and Cover Letter.
Closing date for applications: 27th March 2023
We have a range of benefits to reflect our commitment to our people, some of which are:
• 25 days paid holiday entitlement in year one, plus bank holidays
• Medical cover
• Life Assurance
• Generous pension scheme
• Volunteering policy and charity matching
• Employee assistance programme
• Cycle to work scheme and discounted gym membership
• Summer hours
• Mentoring programme
• We plant a tree for every new employee to our business
DK is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the varied communities that read our books across the world. We encourage applications from all individuals, regardless of age, religion, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality or social background.
DK is proud to announce that we have adopted The Halo Code.
DK supports flexible working and has introduced a new ‘smart-working’ policy with a hybrid approach of working weekly from home and in DK’s office.
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade, but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews or undertaking internships. For more information, visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org
About our Company:
We believe in the power of discovery. That's why we create books for everyone that explore ideas and nurture curiosity about the world we live in. From first words to the Big Bang, from the wonders of nature to city adventures, you will find expert knowledge, hours of fun and endless inspiration in the pages of our books.
We are the world's leading illustrated publisher and a member of the Penguin Random House division of Bertelsmann, creating cutting-edge design and stunning visual books for the whole family. We are passionate about inspiring curiosity and bring people to books through their thirst for knowledge. With a global book loving community of over 800 colleagues in the UK, US, Germany, India, China, Spain and Australia, we produce books in over 100 countries and over 60 languages. Find out more on dk.com.