Are you a super organised individual who would love to work on the administration of rights for our DK product? Do you want to assist in the coordination of content clearances of DK’s global books? If so, keep reading…
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Publishing e Rights Administrator to join DK’s busy Fonts and Picture Research desk in the Asset Management department.
This important role will involve liaising with our eBook teams, Production teams and image agencies. You should have a friendly approachable style and be able to pivot between teams as you work through font rights and image usage report checks.
This role involves a lot of administration so it would suit someone who can also work independently on routine tasks. We are looking for someone with a previous knowledge of image or content rights and have strong Excel skills. Administrative duties include checking image usage on Excel sheets and pivot tables, working through book lists to ensure rights checks are completed and giving font access to our Creatives.
Key Responsibilities will be:
- Planning rights checks across fonts for our content
- Run font reports to enable ebook rights checking
- Manage fonts account set ups administration
- Support Global Fonts Manager on ad hoc projects
- Managing font requests and general enquiries
- Auditing account access
- Support teams with font queries related to key projects
- Checking reports for errors, and distributing them to agencies
- Raise PO’s for agency images
- Work with Picture Researchers on correcting image entries where fees differ
- Create pivot tables for DK FInance so they journals costs to isbn
- Updating google /excel trackers
- Send letters and raise PO’s for some agency work
- Monthly distribution of completed titles to researchers to start usage confirmation process
- Setting up new sources - font foundries, image agencies, artists
- Ordering complimentary copies in lieu of payment for some sources
- Working with agencies on book clearances
- Uploading content to our internal systems
Key Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent organisation skills
- Work towards tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Good communication
- Commercial Awareness
- Build networks and relationships easy
Working on a MAC, we’re looking for someone who is tech savvy and diligent. At DK, we use G-suite so previous experience of this would be useful.
To be considered for the position, please submit the most recent version of your CV and cover letter detailing why you are the right candidate for this position and why you want to work at DK.
Closing date for applications: 24th March 2023.
We have a range of benefits to reflect our commitment to our people, some of which are:
- 25 days paid holiday entitlement in year one, plus bank holidays
- Medical cover
- Life Assurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Volunteering policy and charity matching
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme and discounted gym membership
- Summer hours
- Mentoring programme
- We plant a tree for every new employee to our business
DK is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the varied communities that read our books across the world. We encourage applications from all individuals, regardless of age, religion, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality or social background.
DK is proud to announce that we have adopted The Halo Code.
DK supports flexible working and has introduced a new ‘smart-working’ policy with a hybrid approach of working weekly from home and in DK’s office.
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade, but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews or undertaking internships. For more information, visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org
About our Company:
We believe in the power of discovery. That's why we create books for everyone that explore ideas and nurture curiosity about the world we live in. From first words to the Big Bang, from the wonders of nature to city adventures, you will find expert knowledge, hours of fun and endless inspiration in the pages of our books.
We are the world's leading illustrated publisher and a member of the Penguin Random House division of Bertelsmann, creating cutting-edge design and stunning visual books for the whole family. We are passionate about inspiring curiosity and bring people to books through their thirst for knowledge. With a global book loving community of over 800 colleagues in the UK, US, Germany, India, China, Spain and Australia, we produce books in over 100 countries and over 60 languages. Find out more on dk.com.