Are you an organised quick thinker with an eye for detail, who would thrive in a fast-paced environment? Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to join the operational team at DK, a leading global publisher.
DK’s International Publishing & Licensing Department is seeking an enthusiastic and well-organised Sales Operations Assistant with excellent organisational skills to join our international team in the London office. We are seeking a confident and enthusiastic Sales Operations Assistant to help support the wider DK International Publishing and Licensing team, coordinating vital sales materials and information across a wide variety of DK books and gaining an understanding of the requirements of a fast-paced international content business.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to take their first steps within a highly creative, innovative and award-winning organisation, at a time of growth for our international business.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing vital pre-sales and post-sales support to the international sales teams based in London, China, Germany and Spain, in addition to external partner agencies in Slovakia (Insiders) and Japan (Fortuna). .
- Liaising and attending regular meetings with departments across the business (such as the Creative teams, Production, Rights, Export etc).
- Fielding and troubleshooting queries from international partners as well as internal sales teams.
- Communication of vital information to the IPL team in a timely manner.
- Maintenance of Bibliographic systems and databases.
About you - Skills and Experience:
- Being operationally minded, enjoying the small details involved in achieving the bigger picture.
- Strong organisational, analytical and interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to think on your feet and use your own initiative at all times.
- Being proactive, with a can-do attitude, able to prioritise a varied and demanding workload and adapt to change.
- Have an excellent attention to detail
- Have a can-do attitude
- You will have previous office experience
- Previous knowledge of Biblio, Excel and Google Docs/Drive as well as other publishing systems would be an advantage but not essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to deepen your knowledge about publishing and learn new skills as well as the importance of excellent customer service for our international business.
Salary: £27,775 per annum
If you are interested in applying, please submit your most recent CV and a cover letter by 2nd June 2023.
DK is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the varied communities that read our books across the world. We encourage applications from all individuals, regardless of age, religion, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality or social background.
DK is proud to announce that we have adopted The Halo Code.
DK supports flexible working and has introduced a new ‘smart-working’ policy with a hybrid approach of working from home and in DK’s office. The role is based in our London office at Embassy Gardens, although we are currently working a hybrid model with a blend of home and office working.
We have a range of benefits to reflect our commitment to our people, some of which are:
- 25 days paid holiday entitlement in year one, plus bank holidays
- Medical cover
- Life Assurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Volunteering policy and charity matching
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme and discounted gym membership
- Summer hours
- Mentoring programme
- We plant a tree for every new employee to our business
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade, but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews or undertaking internships. For more information, visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org
About our Company:
We believe in the power of discovery. That's why we create books for everyone that explore ideas and nurture curiosity about the world we live in. From first words to the Big Bang, from the wonders of nature to city adventures, you will find expert knowledge, hours of fun and endless inspiration in the pages of our books.
We are the world's leading illustrated publisher and a member of the Penguin Random House division of Bertelsmann, creating cutting-edge design and stunning visual books for the whole family. We are passionate about inspiring curiosity and bring people to books through their thirst for knowledge. With a global book loving community of over 800 colleagues in the UK, US, Germany, India, China, Spain and Australia, we produce books in over 100 countries and over 60 languages. Find out more on dk.com.