DIGITAL PROJECTS MANAGER
The European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery is Europe’s largest and leading membership Society for surgeons, perfusionists and health care professionals involved in cardiothoracic care and treatments. We are active in more than 50 countries worldwide and boast an engaged membership of 4,000.
We are currently seeking a Digital Projects Manager to develop, maintain and publish content on all EACTS websites, ensuring all sites are accurate and up-to-date, bug checking and providing website support to the wider internal EACTS team.
The Digital Projects Manager will be responsible for three key projects in the Association including the redevelopment of the EACTS website, working with EACTS selected Communication Agency to ensure that the Associations needs are met in the redesign; publication of accepted articles in The Multimedia Manual for Cardiothoracic Surgery (MMCTS) video text-book; and editing, preparing and publishing publications related podcast and webinar series which the Association plan to launch later this year.
The Multimedia Manual for Cardiothoracic Surgery (MMCTS) an online only publication of peer reviewed and PubMed listed video-based, step-by-step surgical tutorials.
In addition, the Digital Projects Manager will be asked to support on the creation of regular email templates on behalf of the internal EACTS team.
This role is ideally suited to someone with experience in content management systems including WordPress, and video and podcast production and publishing. The candidate should be an effective communicator with a willingness to work as part of a team. This role will be offered on a hybrid basis with 2 office-based days in the EACTS Windsor Office and 3 remote working days.
We offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata), with an additional 3 days to be taken at Christmas
- Additional employee benefits
- Pension contributions
- Training and development
Please find the full job description below.
Applications should consist of a full CV and a brief supporting letter, which should demonstrate the candidate’s suitability and relevant prior experience for the role.
Completed applications should be emailed to: RECRUITMENT@EACTS.CO.UK
Closing date for applications: 4th July 2022
The appointment will be made subject to satisfactory references.
Job title: Digital Projects Manager
Responsible to: Publications Director
Liaising with: Internal EACTS teams, external EACTS audience, marketing, web development agencies and service providers
To manage the development and maintenance of all EACTS websites, including the publication of content, ensuring all sites/pages are accurate and up-to-date, bug checking, and to create regular email templates on behalf of the internal EACTS teams.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the EACTS.org website redevelopment – scoping business requirements, liaising with website developers, implementing improvements, creating content structure, improving layouts and facilitate the buildout and all content migration.
- Maintain the EACTS.org website, working with colleagues across EACTS departments to ensure all content is accurate and up-to-date.
- Ensure all websites/pages adhere to branding and GDPR guidelines.
- Create email templates to promote EACTS activities across all departments, working with internals teams to review and once approved, working with our selected communications agency partner to schedule and publish.
- Produce bespoke websites for EACTS activities where required.
- Where required, create training videos.
- Work with the Managing Editor for the publication of the tutorials/ case reports.
- Maintain MMCTS selected video platform to ensure all tutorial videos have correct titles and descriptions, promote EACTS and link back to MMCTS.org.
- Publish xml data to PubMed and CrossRef for all tutorials published in MMCTS.
- Ensure Crossref DOI linkouts go to correct tutorials on MMCTS.org.
- Full management of all production/publication tasks associated with the MMCTS.org website including adding and updating content, enhancements, bug checking and responding to help queries.
- Liaise with authors to create author profiles.
- Facilitate payment of service provider invoices.
Podcasts and Webinar Series
- Export, prepare and edit recordings for review by lead speaker, Editor, Managing Editor and Publications Director.
- Upload and complete information (including reference to relevant content from the publications) for each podcast episode/ webinar and publish.
- Update and maintain selected platforms for publishing podcast and webinar series.
- Educated to a degree level, or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- Experience in video and podcast production and publishing.
- Knowledge of, or a willingness to learn to use, content management systems.
- Strong communication skills with internal and external contacts.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Highly efficient and organised.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Creative thinker and ability to come up with new ideas and new approaches
- Digital savviness