Our client is a wonderful publisher of academic books and resources for numerous Humanities and Social Sciences disciplines, including Art, Fashion, Design, History, Cinema, and Theatre, and they are now looking to hire a Platform Manager for their incredible ebook collections.
This company offers a hybrid arrangement 2 days a week in their lovely London office, and great benefits!
- Curating content and proposals for the ebook platform, setting pricing strategies and guiding content development in line with user needs
- Managing operations side for ebook collections, overseeing monthly updates and delivery of new collections
- Conducting market research with librarians and other end users to understand their ebook needs
- Monitoring the ebook platform for improvements and bugs, and working with external developers on bug-fixing and site management
- Liaising with colleagues in the Production and Content teams to agree on content requirements and conversions, and set schedules
- Putting together reports on platform usage and analytics
- Collaborating with Innovation, UX and other teams to define requirements and MVP's for platform enhancements
The successful candidate will possess solid experience of ebook platforms and publishing systems such as Biblio, and be comfortable working with large data sets and managing multiple projects at the same time. If you also have a grasp of XML and ebook formats, or an understanding of Open Access publishing, it would be a bonus, but it is not a strict requirement.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.