We have a lovely new role with an Academic publisher of books, journals and digital titles who are looking to appoint a Sales Executive to manager their e-book collections to library clients. The role will focus on building long term relationships with academic clients in the UK and European markets.
This client is open to considering more junior candidates with a passion for publishing, looking to develop into a sales role, as well as someone looking for a next step in their publishing career.
They are based in Gloucestershire, but open about flexible working depending on candidate experience and training needs, especially as this role will involve travelling to meet with clients and attend key industry events (when restrictions are lifted).
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Planning sales strategies for the allocated territories, to identify the needs of individual customers and match them with ebook products
- Keeping in regular contact with library clients via calls and field visits
- Collaborating with external agents and reps in various territories to maximise sales opportunities
- Maintaining accurate records and client information on the company database
- Providing support to the Sales Manager, including ad hoc sales activities for print and translation rights, and covering during leave
This is a perfect role for someone with good communication and presentation skills, who will be comfortable meeting and interacting with international customers. They will be able to create good rapport with librarians and key decision makers in the academic environment, and demonstrate a genuine interest in the publishing industry.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.