A leading healthcare organisation is looking to recruit a pro-active Editor to work on their flagship nursing titles. The new Editor will have a varied role working with a range of authors and contacts across the healthcare list. Within this exciting and varied new role, the successful person will have bags of scope to work on new projects for the brand, such as roundtables, podcasts and social media campaigns, as well as initiating ideas to keep improving the content and widen reach. Our client is based in London but offers flexible working.
What you’ll be doing:
- Along with the Group Editor you will set the editorial direction for the publication, as well as work with the wider editorial team, which includes the company’s other healthcare brands.
- Continue to grow the title as a key source of news, analysis and learning
- Manage a Senior Reporter and freelance contributors
- Contribute to the strategic and commercial development of the brand and propose and develop new ideas for content
- Commissioning, editing and writing content; managing editorial schedules
- Liaising with nursing and clinical advisors to plan ahead for original and relevant content
- Oversee the production of regular newsletters and
This is a key role in the team and the successful person will have demonstrable experience in journalism, with at least one year’s experience in an Editor role, with a track record in breaking exclusives and commissioning articles; Ideally you will have some experience in healthcare journalism. You will ideally be experienced in setting a news agenda, be confident in delivering exclusive investigations and have top-quality writing and editing skills. You should also have experience of managing editorial schedules; meeting deadlines for digital, print and associated projects.
For further details of this new Editor role, please send your CV and a short cover note, outlining your interest and salary expectations.