We have a fantastic new role to work as an Editor within the Communications team of a global membership organisation, pioneering excellence in safe, efficient and sustainable energy. They are looking for an Editor to join the Communications team which provides a platform to act and respond to the changing environment while supporting members, and the industry.
Th Editor will work as part of a small team and will work on publications, including guidance documents, technical specifications, research papers, white papers and other material aimed at improving performance in the upstream oil and gas industry. This role offers a hybrid working arrangement of 2 days a week in the office across a four-week period.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
• Editing material to a style guide, ensuring content complies with editorial guidelines and rewriting copy as required
• Advising authors on the development of their proposals
• Working with stakeholders to discuss project expectations
• Help to maintain the internal/external digital libraries
• Liaise with project stakeholders, advising them of timelines for different stages of document development.
The successful person will have proven experience as a writer and editor, with experience of working with technical information, and editing published material/content to a style guide. You should be able to demonstrate the ability to collaborate on published projects and evaluate tone and voice of a piece of writing, assessing its appropriateness in context. High attention to detail is essential as are strong communication skills and the ability to provide detailed and constructive feedback on draft versions of publications.
For further details of this highly interesting and responsible role, please send your CV and a short cover note.