Our client is a highly respected B2B media publisher based in the Midlands with an excellent reputation for delivering innovative, and meaningful insight for their industry across magazines, exhibitions, data and digital publishing. We are working with them to find their next Editor who will lead on the development of their magazine across print and online. This role will offer hybrid working, with 1/2 days a week in the office in the East Midlands.
Key responsibilities will include:
- ensuring all editorial content is relevant and topical
- curate ideas for individual articles, network and attend exhibitions to generate articles and future ideas
- Planning the annual production schedule and deadlines, ensuring all content is delivered on time
- writing, commissioning, subbing and proofreading articles for both print and digital
- build relationships with key industry representatives as well as internally with advertising colleagues regarding new commercial opportunities
The successful candidate will have proven B2B experience in both print magazine and digital publishing with demonstrable editorial expertise. Confidence in working with and interviewing senior industry leaders is important, as well as the ability to build relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally. Superb written and verbal communication is absolutely essential as well exceptional organisation, prioritisation and project management skills.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.