A leading independent UK book publisher is looking for an Editor to work on their non-fiction trade list. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with previous editorial experience who are looking to shape a number of imprints and assist with the commissioning of new titles. This is a maternity cover for 6 months with possible extensions, and can be Oxford or London based.
- Manage the editorial process for a number of illustrated texts, and taking titles through to publication.
- Work alongside the publisher to shape specialist imprints.
- Assist with the commissioning of new titles.
- Work closely with authors, freelance editors, illustrators and in-house colleagues.
- Attend industry events regularly.
Experience / skills required:
- Previous editorial experience within publishing.
- Excellent proofreading and copy-editing skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong time-management skills and ability to meet set deadlines.
- Able to juggle several projects at once.
- Knowledge of InDesign is desirable.
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Faye Jones
Tel: 01865 339 529
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.