Are you an ambitious and commercial Assistant Editor with proven experience in trade publishing? If this sounds like you, we have an exciting Editor role at mass-market publisher of adult and children's books based in Northamptonshire.
This role will focus on their fast-growing Adult non-fiction lists, and will be responsible for managing editorial projects across multiple formats.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Oversee editorial projects working closely with a publishing partner
- Collaborating to the creation of the publishing programme, and develop new products
- Writing, proofreading, editing and sign-off projects working closely with authors and packagers
- Ensuring files and layouts meet the in-house quality standards, and according to briefs
- Liaising with external contributors, including freelancers, illustrators, agents, and packagers and help coordinating out-of-house processes
- Supporting the Head of Publishing with a strategic creation of the publishing programme
- Helping with the mentoring and training of junior staff
The ideal candidate will have editorial experience, excellent attention to detail and administration skills as well as the ability to prioritise a heavy workload and work under pressure. You must have outstanding written and communication skills and have proven people management skills.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
**Inspired Selection operates an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS (http://www.btbs.org/) offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development.