Atwood Tate has been retained by ROOTS for Churches Ltd to recruit for a Children’s & Youth Editor, who will publish resources for those ministering with children and young people. This is a unique and varied role which will involve commissioning, content development, hands-on editing, research, etc. This exciting position would suit a candidate with solid editorial skills/abilities, excellent knowledge of current practice in children’s and youth ministry, and experience of developing resources to use with groups. Working remotely, the Editor will join a friendly and flexible team. Please note that this is a permanent part-time role (4 days a week), entirely remote with regular meetings in London.
What you’ll be doing:
• Commission content and develop and maintain a pool of suitable writers, working collaboratively with the Adult & All Age Editor
• Shape content of resources and edit materials to fit the brief for delivery in print and/or online
• Check hard copy and/or digital proofs working closely with the Production Editor
• Maintain theological knowledge to plan and promote content strategy, working closely with a small, supportive team
What you’ll have:
• Experience in educational publishing and/or professional experience in children’s and youth ministry
• Experience of producing resources with solid editorial skills, or an eye for detail and a strong aptitude for editorial work
• Excellent organisation and time-management with the ability to meet deadlines
• A team player and good communicator, able to work from home and use own initiative
GOR: Due to the nature of publications and the community that they publish for, this role has a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) to be a practising Christian used to worshipping and being part of a church community . This is an occupational requirement as permitted in accordance with schedule 9, part 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Contact: Karine Nicpon
Tel: 020 3574 4426
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.