A great independent children’s book publisher is looking for an Editor to join them in their Custom Publishing team. This is a great opportunity for a non-fiction children’s editor to join a very creative editorial team and work on a range of a custom publishing projects across their non-fiction activity and novelty books. You will identify opportunities in the mass market and will develop new book formats using existing content to meet special sales customer briefs and budget. Based in Suffolk, this is a permanent role that will start remotely initially and offer flexible home-working (with 2 days in the office minimum).
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop new ideas to create new products for mass market customers in the UK and US
- Utilise backlist artwork to create brand new product lines.
- Managing a small team of in-house designers and in house schedules to deadline and budget
- Editing texts and writing your own texts using artwork asset created by the company’s other imprints.
What you’ll have:
- Established trade editorial experience ideally in Children's non fiction
- Knowledge of mass market customers in the UK or US
- Excellent writing, editing and project management skills.
- Experience of managing freelancer designers and suppliers.
- Ability to identify design and illustration trends and a good understanding of composition.
If that sounds like you, please get in touch with Claire Carrington- Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 3574 4431.
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.