Redwood is delighted to be working with an innovative educational company with offices in Windsor and internationally. Our client creates exciting digital educational products for students on an international basis and they are looking for an experienced Editor to join their team based in Windsor.
This role will help curate, review and edit their fiction and non-fiction children’s literature and is a new role within the team.
What you’ll be doing
- Curation of fiction from public domain
- Curation of original non-fiction material
- Finding and selecting public domain works for adaptation
- Modernising texts
- Make adjustments according to feedback informed by text analysis and readability metrics
- Working with illustrators and graphic designers
Experience and skills required:
- Proven experience of editing original content for children - essential
- Familiarity with CEFR levels and grading methods - desirable
- Experience of curating for libraries or experience of working with libraries (desirable but not essential)
- Ability to engage children through written content
- Strong creative and critical thinking skills
- Great organization and communication skills
This is a full-time permanent role and carries an attractive salary and benefits. For further information please send your CV and a short cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations.