Do you have a biological science academic background and are looking to launch a an editorial career in scientific publishing? Our client, a journals publisher in central London, is looking for 3 x Editors to join their successful team. You will be involved in the peer review process and will be copyediting and evaluating the content of their technical manuscripts in the biological sciences field.
- Interpreting scientific data and identifying inconsistencies
- Checking and clarifying data accepted for publication
- Copy-editing articles according to the in-house journal style
- Participate in the peer review process
- Regular liaison with authors, academic editors and the scientific community
- Close work with all members of the production team to maintain the high standards of the journals.
Experience / skills required:
- PhD in the biological sciences
- The willingness to maintain a level of scientific knowledge appropriate to the role
- Must possess a high level of written English
- Strong organizational and time-management capabilities
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills (knowledge of InDesign and Mac OS a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills with a diplomatic approach and flexibility
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- Some editorial experience in STM journals publishing is desirable but not essential
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Claire Carrington-Smith
Tel: 0203 5474 4431
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.