Our client, a well-renowned not-for-profit research society, is looking for a skilled Editorial Administrator to join their London team on an initial 12 month contract and assist in the publication process across their three main journals and learning portal. The primary function of this role will be to support the editorial team.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Supporting the peer review process including administration of Manuscript Central portal and journal sites
- Updating the user database
- Liaising with authors and referees, including inviting referees and chasing/progress reporting
- Tracking all submissions, generating regular performance reports
- Track data and generate findings reports
- Assist in the copyediting of manuscripts that have been accepted following peer review
- Updating and maintaining the journal homepage
- Assisting with the newsletter and social media
- General admin duties
The successful candidate will be well organised, have an eye for detail with an interest in data. Someone with experience in an administrative or office based role along with a familiarity with the online peer review process would be advantageous. You will also have an interest in mental healthcare as well as excellent communication skills both written and verbal with strong Microsoft Office skills.
Inspired Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.