There is a new amazing opportunity in the editorial team of a London-based charity who are now recruiting for an Editorial Assistant to work on some wonderful magazines!
This client is at the forefront of scientific research around mental health, and this could be the perfect opportunity to get into an editorial role and work on content that has a significant impact on this community.
- Briefing and commissioning new content from writers, photographers and illustrators, ensuring delivery to agreed standard and deadlines
- Supporting the editing and production of two membership magazines
- Coordinating delivery of artwork and proofs to printers
- Helping with reports and other materials
- Providing excellent admin support to the magazine editorial team
- Assisting with editorial board meetings
- Carrying out copy-editing and proofreading tasks as instructed by the Editorial Manager
This role will suit someone with an interest in scientific publishing (no science background required!) and really good copy-editing and proofreading skills. You will be able to coordinate multiple tasks and work to strict deadlines, and communicate professionally with internal and external collaborators.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.