Are you looking to start your career in scientific publishing? Our client, a highly respected specialist medical publisher, is looking to appoint a Scientific Editorial Assistant to join their experienced team of journal editors. This is a real hands-on position which will offer the successful candidate a first-class training programme in science editing and proof-reading. You will need to have a strong scientific degree and a real interest in communicating science to the wider community. Ideally you will have a Masters degree in a biological or medical related science.
Based in London, the company offers a hybrid working pattern which would be at least 2 days in the office with some additional days at busy times.
- The ability to meet deadlines and handle competing priorities
- Accuracy and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written English
- Assisting with scientific editing and proof reading of manuscripts
- Monitoring the submission and peer review processes
- Interest in scientific publishing
If you are efficient, well organised and team oriented then this could be a fantastic start to your scientific publishing career. For further details, please forward your CV and a short cover note outlining your interest and key skills.