Are you passionate about starting a career in publishing and want to learn about journals publishing? We have a great new Editorial Assistant role with a digitally-focused publisher of medical research, who produce amazing digital content, and high-quality Open Access journals.
The company is based in the South East (Buckinghamshire), and offers flexibility to work remotely with ideally 1 or 2 days a week in the office.
The Journals Editorial Assistant will be responsible for:
- Supporting a small team of Managing Editors with the publication of digital Open Access journals, including conducting research on trends, images, authors and reviewers, tracking permissions, and other general admin duties
- Assisting with the creation of marketing materials
- Coordinating agendas for internal meetings, taking minutes and setting up follow-up actions
- Assisting with the editing of accepted articles, and tracking publishing agreements
- Overseeing the online peer review and article submissions systems
- Assisting with the organisation of international scientific conferences, travel arrangements and liaising with faculty and key scientific figures to coordinate content creation for sites
This is a really exciting time to join this company, as they have been growing their team and their portfolio in new and interesting ways, which include a lot of fantastic digital media and video publishing! This role will suit someone with a genuine interest in journals and medical publishing, and who is looking for a role where they can roll up their sleeves and make a real difference. The team is very friendly and successful, and they are looking for the best talent to join them!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.