We have 3 fantastic Editorial Assistant opportunities on the books team of an independent academic publisher providing administrative support to the Senior Commissioning Editors across different fields of research.
In these roles, responsibilities will include:
- organising books proposals and briefing suitable reviewers ensuring they provide feedback within agreed timelines.
- preparing contracts for new projects.
- maintaining excellent record keeping on the database.
- communicating with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including providing up to date information and answering any queries.
- preparing manuscripts and any other information for other teams.
- researching the market for new opportunities.
- building relationships with authors and wider communities by attending industry events.
These are excellent positions to learn about academic book publishing, and building up the skills needed to further your editorial career. Our client is looking to see enthusiastic candidates who are passionate about the industry, and who can be proactive and highly organised. If this sounds like you, get in touch for more information!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.