Are you interested in learning more about peer review and Open Access journals? One of our top academic publishing clients is looking to hire an Editorial Assistant to support the Journals team and looking after their online peer review system.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing editorial support to the journals publishing team, to help with the submission of articles through online peer review systems
- Checking peer-review quality, working closely with a Peer Review Manager
- Maintaining accurate records on the internal database
- Answering queries from authors and other contributors
- Helping assess plagiarism cases via online detection technology
- Providing ad hoc administrative support to the department
This is a very exciting role, and will give you first-hand knowledge of how academic journals are peer reviewed and published! We are looking for someone who can demonstrate a real interest in academic publishing, and who has strong organisational and time management skills. Familiarity with peer review and article submission systems such as ScholarOne is an advantage, but is not essential.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.