Are you passionate about science and looking to start your career in scientific publishing? A highly respected specialist medical publisher, is looking to appoint a Scientific Editorial Assistant to join their experienced team of journal editors. This is a real hands-on position which will offer the successful candidate a first-class training programme in scientific editing and proof-reading, assisting in the editorial processes, including copyediting articles accepted for publication. You will need to have a strong life science degree and a real interest in health. Ideally you will have a BSc. or Master’s in a biological or medical related science.
Based in London, the company offers a hybrid working pattern with 2 days in the office and three days working from home.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Assisting with editing manuscripts, ensuring consistency, scientific accuracy, and compliance with journal style
- Assisting with checking typeset proofs
- Providing some admin support to the editorial team
- Assisting in the production of promotional materials for the journal and dissemination of high-impact articles
This is a fabulous role with training and the successful person will have:
- The ability to meet deadlines and handle competing priorities
- A strong life science degree
- Accuracy and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written English
- Familiarity with academic literature
- The ability to monitor the submission and peer review processes
- Strong interest in scientific publishing
If you are efficient, well organised and team oriented then this could be a fantastic start to your scientific publishing career. For further details, please forward your CV and a short cover note outlining your interest.