Are you looking for a part-time editorial role in academic publishing? This is a rare opportunity for an Editorial Coordinator to join a prestigious scientific society in central London. Working on a portfolio of high-quality scientific journals, this role would suit someone with a scientific background who is looking to work two days a week in an office-based role.
- Manage submission, peer review and post acceptance process
- Ensure enough content is published on time and meets high-quality standards
- Support authors and answer queries
- Recruit referees and work to improve receipt to acceptance times
- Manage social media accounts
- Collaborate effectively with job-share colleague to ensure clear communication, allocation of responsibilities and handovers
Experience / skills required:
- A degree or equivalent in a scientific subject
- Editorial experience in academic publishing is required
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with scientists and board members
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- A passion for publishing and science
- Ability to learn new tasks and skills quickly and with ease
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Karine Nicpon
Tel: 020 3574 4426
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.