Are you passionate about promoting the latest academic research in the medical field and dream of working in journals publishing? We have a great new Editorial Coordinator role with a digitally-focused publisher of medical research, who produce and publishing content via their OA platform and peer-reviewed journals.
The company is based in the South East (Buckinghamshire), and offers flexibility to work remotely 1-2 days per week.
The Journals Editorial Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Supporting a small team of Managing Editors with the publication of six digital Open Access journals, including conducting topic research, image research, researching authors and reviewers, tracking permissions, and general administrative duties
- Assisting with the preparation of publishing reports for meetings and presentations to society partners and editors
- Coordinating agendas for internal meetings, taking minutes and setting up follow-up actions
- Assisting with the macro-editing of accepted articles, and tracking receipt of publishing agreements for articles
- Managing the online peer review and submissions systems
- Assisting with the organisation of international scientific conferences, travel arrangements and liaising with faculty and key scientific figures to coordinate content creation for sites
This is a really exciting time to join this company, as they have been growing their team and their portfolio in new and interesting ways, which include a lot of fantastic digital media and video publishing! This role will suit someone with a genuine interest in journal and STM publishing, and who is looking for a role where they can roll up their sleeves and make a real difference! The team is very friendly and successful, and they are looking for the best talent to join them!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.