We have a fantastic opportunity for an Editorial Coordinator to join the Editorial team of this highly prestigious Scientific Membership Society! Reporting to the Journals Manager, you will be responsible for administering the peer review process on the journals and providing support to the editorial team. You will also liaise with Editorial Boards, authors and reviewers, answering questions and resolving any issues which arise. This role would ideally suit someone who has probably been an Editorial Assistant or Publishing Assistant within a journals environment and is looking for the next step. The position will also offer hybrid working, with visits to the offices for essential meetings.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Carrying out quality-control checks on new submissions
- Ensure peer review is conducted in a timely manner
- Communicate information regarding process changes to Editorial Board as required
- Work with Publisher operations and production teams
- Maintain journal performance spreadsheets
- Support the commissioning work of the Journals Manager
- Process honorarium payments for authors with the Finance Team
- Attend Society conferences and meetings
The ideal candidate will have some proven publishing administration experience and experience within journals publishing, plus, an understanding of the peer review process and open access publishing. You will have a high degree of IT literacy, strong attention to detail, exceptional organisational and time management skills. Your experience of providing high-quality customer service and your ability to work independently across multiple projects will be important.
The company offers an excellent range of benefits and a very attractive salary depending on experience. This is an ideal role for an ambitious journals professional looking for more responsibility and more variety, where you will gain ,many new skills and develop your experience.
If you feel that your experience is a fit and would like further details, please forward your CV and a short cover note outlining your interest and key skills.