Are you a strong communicator looking for an editorial position in academic publishing? Do you have a keen eye for detail and a demonstrable interest in science? This Editorial Coordinator role at a dynamic science and health society is the perfect opportunity for a committed candidate to build on their publishing experience. Based in central London you will join a small and friendly team and will take on projects in this challenging and busy role. If you are an editorial assistant looking for the next step up or have some editorial experience in academic publishing, this is the ideal role!
- Administer the peer-review process, carrying out quality-control checks and ensuring deadlines are met
- Liaise with authors, reviewers and editors, answering any queries in a professional manner
- Support commissioning activity, tracking progress, updating authors, processing payments, etc.
- Produce reports on journal performance
- Represent journal at external events and contribute to its promotion
- Provide administrative support to the editorial team, updating database, etc.
Experience / skills required:
- Some editorial experience in scientific/academic publishing is essential
- Experience of processing peer-review submissions would be a bonus
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills with the ability to deal with senior academics
- Strong attention to detail and focus
- A collaborative and proactive approach to work, with a flexible and problem-solving attitude
- A proven interest in science or health is necessary
Applications ASAP, please
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Karine Nicpon
Tel: 020 3574 4426
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.