Are you looking for a senior management position in trade publishing? Do you have solid leadership experience and business judgement? This Editorial Director position in central London is a varied role where you will motivate a team of editors and publish a broad range of books whilst managing author and agent relationships. Please note that this role is for a maternity cover (12-month contract).
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with authors, literary agents, and industry contacts
- Monitor sales and customer data as well as category trends and format
- Help editorial team assessing projects and identifying new leads
- Lead and drive editors to ensure editorial quality and excellent author care
- Work with other departments to track projects progress from acquisition to publication
- Develop team of editors providing guidance and development opportunities
Experience / skills required:
- Solid editorial experience in trade book publishing is essential
- Experience identifying and evaluating manuscripts and overseeing publication process
- Solid line-management experience with the ability to lead and motivate a team
- Excellent relationship building and author care skills and experience
- Experience managing P&L is desirable
- Proven track record in publishing successful commercial titles
- Creative and analytical skills are required
- Ability to identify new business opportunities and use data to measure results
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Karine Nicpon
Tel: 020 3574 4426
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.