We are working on a very exciting Editorial Director role with a digital media publisher of scientific news, industry insights, as well as lots of audio and video content aimed at scientists and researchers. You will come in to manage an established editorial team and increase web traffic and engagement through the creation of top quality relevant editorial content for scientific communities.
The successful candidate will join the UK division of this successful global media company at a time of growth and development, and will be central in continuing to elevate the brand within the audience they cater to while supporting revenue generating streams including advertising.
The Editorial Director will be responsible for:
- Leading the editorial strategy and mission of the brand, overseeing the creation of engaging content that is relevant to target audience
- Managing a team of Managing Editors, senior writers, content managers, and social media managers
- Implementing strategies to deliver web traffic across acquisition channels and measure success of editorial content
- Managing the editorial budget and allocating resources
- Working alongside the Sales team to deliver the editorial calendar in line with revenue generating opportunities
- Contributing to marketing and product development strategies
- Overseeing the Custom Content Creation function of the team
The postholder will be in close contact with scientific experts and be directly involved in some of the writing and creation of scientific content, therefore a solid scientific background (preferably at PhD level) in life sciences is required. You might have developed relevant experience in a Marketing, Communications or Product Development role in a relevant field, and come from a range of industries including media, pharma and manufacturing of scientific technology/equipment. We are looking for a team leader who can motivate and support staff, and who will combine commercial acumen with a passion for producing high quality scientific content.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.