An award-winning STEM education publisher has a fantastic new role for an ambitious, strategic, agile and creative Editorial Director to lead the development and delivery of a new product line that puts digital storytelling at its heart! This innovative organisation designs and produces easy-to-use teacher and student tools that engage students and inspire learners and teachers on a global level. The organisation is based in Glasgow, but they are happy for the successful person to be based in other areas of the UK.
The Editorial Director will be pivotal in the success of this ambitious project and the successful person will be someone who understands the potential of video as an educational tool. This is a key senior role for the team that requires strong leadership and strategic thinking skills, with the ability to communicate and collaborate with a large team to deliver this flagship project for the business.
Key responsibilities of the role will include but are not limited to:
- Leading on editorial strategy, overseeing both internal and external editorial teams, developing high quality content for curriculum demands.
- Conceptualising and planning key source documents, including definitions, guidelines, lesson templates and style guides etc.
- Work closely with Product manager to ensure work is completed to schedule and budget
- Complete reviews of editorial work for coherence in content, pedagogy and style
- Keep up to date with market trends and competitors as well as best instructional practices related to education
- Oversee analysis of state and national standards
We are looking for an exceptional person who can lead a team, who is strategic, a problem-solver and who can shake a new project into shape; a creative thinker who is looking to work for an educational organisation whose products are designed to inspire.
The successful person will be a talented leader with sufficient demonstrable experience of managing an editorial team within the primary and/or secondary education publishing sector. You will have solid experience of developing educational content in digital formats with a sound understanding of how video creation can be used as a powerful and useful educational tool. You will have proven experience of instructional content development experience (editorial) for primary and secondary education. You will be quick to think on your feet with bags of energy and ideas; a person who can influence clients to buy into the company’s vision.
For more information on this fabulous new role please send your CV with a cover letter