A highly successful publisher has a super new role for an experienced HSS publishing professional to join the team as an Editorial Lead. The successful person should have a broad knowledge of the HSS landscape and a background in HSS (Humanities & Social Sciences) publishing. This is a new permanent full-time role with the opportunity to work from home.
Working with the Editorial and Publishing team, the Editorial Lead will provide expert knowledge and support to existing editorial staff, especially whilst in a transition period to create a separate HSS editorial team.
The role will involve assessing articles and associated research data for appropriateness and editorial quality, overseeing the editorial pre-publication checks, developing and overseeing HSS editorial policies and recruiting, training and managing editorial staff.
Some key duties of the Editorial Lead will include but are not limited to:
- Processing submissions for editorial quality with some basic editing where required.
- Using existing editorial knowledge in HSS to provide expert knowledge and support to existing editorial staff.
- Manage and train the editorial team, carrying out pre-publication checks.
- Provide review of the publishing framework of the organisation and the platforms, to ensure clearly formulated publication criteria, editorial policies and ethical guidelines.
- Handle issues around publication and research ethics
- Be the main point of contact for authors and external clients for issues requiring escalation.
What we are looking for:
- Strong subject matter knowledge and editorial experience in HSS (Essential)
- A solid understanding of the scholarly publishing ecosystem
- The ability to handle multiple projects and work to tight deadlines
- Adaptability and the willingness to take on new and different responsibilities as they arise
- A pro-active individual who is resourceful and a team player
- Excellent English language skills
This role can be worked remotely with occasional travel to meetings once or twice a month in London. The position carries a generous salary and benefits package. To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter, outlining your salary expectations.