An innovative Book, Art & Craft, Stationery and Toy publisher is recruiting for an experienced and creative Editorial Manager to lead a close-knit and talented Editorial team.
The Editorial Manager will commission, oversee, review and direct editorial content produced by internal and freelance contributors, leading creative standards and editorial process and approvals over the product list.
This role is responsible for the management and development of the Editorial team and will collaborate to plan and develop projects from a creative, schedule and budget perspective. With experience working across a range of creative projects you will be knowledgeable of best practices to be able to lead the editorial team and to acquire and discover talent to further the development of products.
- Commission and sign-off on editorial for all projects, collaborating with the senior team
- Manage the editorial content (including asset management) of all titles across the list, and set creative standards to maintain quality control
- Lead and contribute to creative direction and standards of all editorial content
- Mentor and manage the editorial team to ensure creative standards and appropriateness of product for target age groups and markets
- Brief out-of-house authors and editorial services, negotiate rates and ensure highly quality work is produced on time and within budget
- Identify potential new authors, agencies, packagers proof-readers, editors and other freelance contributors
- Take the editorial lead on projects/brands/genres, working in a lead position with our Licensed partnership
- Work closely with the Production team to coordinate scheduling and safety requirements
- Contribute ideas for new formats, packages, product range, finishes and components
The right person for this role enjoys and has experience managing and mentoring a small team, with a history of being able to support and lead across a variety of creative projects.
The team work on a hybrid basis from the office based in Bath and are open to shaping the role as part-time or full-time.
If you would like to learn more about this exciting opportunity, please reach out to Kaylee firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
At Wonderful, we are dedicated to promoting diversity in all its forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment that promotes equal opportunities for wonderful people. We actively encourage candidates from under-represented groups to apply and warmly welcome all individuals with exceptional abilities, irrespective of their background.