We are working with a lovely scientific publisher in London as they hire for an Editorial Operations Assistant for their team. Our client is a prestigious not-for-profit publisher of books and journals on environmental subjects, and they operate a hybrid working model with 2 days a week in the office.
- Supporting authors and editors with article submission and peer review, answering queries and being the main point of contact
- Operating the online peer review system (Editorial Manager)
- Tracking special issues through to production
- Creating reports using the internal journal dashboard, aiming to identify opportunities for improvement and under-performing areas
- Liaising with Sales, Marketing and conference organisers to ensure they have information and journal content as needed
- Collating contracts, OA licenses and translation rights
This is an amazing junior role for a proactive individual looking to get stuck in a publishing job, and learn the ropes of journals publishing and Open Access. While training will be provided on publishing processes and systems, the successful candidate should demonstrate initiative, an interest in journals publishing, team work and the ability to interpret and work with data.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.